UK Graduate Visa

This visa is designed for those migrants who have successfully graduated in the UK. It enables such graduates to stay in the UK for a period of two or three years after they have graduated and work, either in employment, self-employment, or running a business. They can apply for the Graduate Visa as soon as their educational institution has informed the Home Office that they have successfully completed their course.

If the course was a Bachelor’s or master’s course the Graduate Visa will be granted for two years; if it was a Doctorate course the visa will be granted for three years.

There are no further English language requirements to be met.

Applicants may in some cases already have dependants living with them in the UK who were their dependants on their study visa. If so, the dependants can apply for further leave along with the main applicant when they apply for their Graduate Visa, and leave should be granted in line with the main applicant’s. But dependants living overseas cannot apply for entry clearance to join the main applicant.

It is not possible to extend this visa and it does not provide a route to settlement. However, as the Home Office points out, it may be possible to switch from this visa to a different kind of working visa, and the idea behind the scheme is that it offers a “bridge” between study and work.

Get professional advice! Reach out to us today


    Find a guidance on the complex immigration process.

    Let us help you craft a compelling application that effectively showcases your relationship and eligibility. Ensuring your case meets the stringent requirements, and offering insights into the most effective strategies for approval. With a deep understanding of both immigration regulations and effective communication, we can enhance your chances of successfully securing your visa to join your loved one in the UK.

    We stand prepared to aid you with your UK immigration concerns!