What is a Consultancy Agreement?
A Consultancy Agreement is a legal contract which a self-employed individual enters into with a client company for the purposes of providing consulting services. A Consultancy Agreement is used where the arrangement will not fall under the IR35 provisions or the off-payroll working rules.
Freelance Agreements and Service Agreements can have different meanings, however if you are unsure whether a Consultancy Agreement is right for you or your business, please speak with one of our Commercial Contract lawyers today.
Get in touch
Why enter into a Consultancy Agreement?
- Steer clear of ‘deemed employment’, the IR35 provisions and off-payroll working rules.
- Clarify and confirm the scope and full extent of your contractual relationship with the other party.
- Limit your liability in case the working relationship goes sour.
Who needs Consultancy Agreements?
- Businesses looking for consultancy advice
- Consultants providing professional services (including lawyers, accountants, architects, engineers)
- Those looking to review their existing Consultancy Agreements.
How much do you charge?
We like to offer fixed prices, so get in contact to receive a fixed price today.
- To create a Consultancy Agreement, our prices begin from £750.00.
- To review a Consultancy Agreement, our prices begin from £450.00.
- To negotiate a Consultancy Agreement, our pries begin from £600.00.
How long does it take to draft a Consultancy Agreement?
For basic Consultancy Agreements, it can take up to 7 days to prepare a first draft and up to 14 days to provide a final version. For more complicated Consultancy Agreements, please speak with our Commercial lawyers today, to receive an estimate of long it may take.
How do I get started?
- We’ll ask you to sign and return our Client Care Letter and to place monies on account.
- Depending on your availability, we’ll schedule a call within 7 working days, to take your instructions and learn about your business.
- We’ll aim to provide you with a first draft 7 workings days after taking your instructions.
- Once we receive your feedback, we’ll send you a final version of your Consultancy Agreement, ready for your business to use.
- Review an existing Agency Agreement
- Provide a legal opinion and summary of key clauses
- No amendments
- Review an existing Franchise Agreement
- Make amendments to the document
- Correspond with the other party’s solicitors
- Create a new Franchise Agreement
- We’ll prepare a first draft for you to review and provide feedback
- We’ll incorporate any amendments and provide you with a second and final version.