Child Student Visa

The Child Student Visa route is for children aged 4 to 17 to study at a private school (not a state school); the school can be a boarding or non-boarding school. A child aged 16 or 17 may be able to apply for a Child Student Visa or a Student Visa. Consent from the parent/parents/guardian is required for the application.

This route, like the student route, is a sponsored route, and the principles are similar: the school must hold a Child Student sponsor licence and they must issue a CAS for the proposed child student.

There are no specific English language requirements but there may be financial maintenance requirements.

There is also a requirement that the applicant will be accommodated and cared for appropriately. If the school is a boarding school, then these requirements are likely to be met but if the applicant is a non-boarder, then other arrangements are possible. The applicant could live with a foster carer or close relative or with a parent who holds a Parent of Child at School Visa (see here). If the applicant is aged 16 or 17, they can live independently.

Leave can be granted for up to six years or, if the migrant is aged 16 or 17, up to three years. The Child Student Visa does not offer a route to settlement.

Get professional advice! Reach out to us today


    Contact our expert lawyers to receive guidance on how to find out how to successfully apply for a Child Student Visa. A deep understanding of immigration regulations and procedures guarantees that the entire application process is executed meticulously, maximising the likelihood of a successful outcome. By entrusting Pacific Law with your visa needs, you can rely on our expertise to navigate the complexities of immigration law and facilitate a seamless process.

    We stand prepared to aid you with your UK immigration concerns!